We are all slightly addicted to the sweet taste of sugar, but experts warn us that sugar is actually a poison, and we are not even aware of the amount of sugar we consume.
Read more about the negative effects sugar has on your body:
1. Refined sugar is associated with a wide range of diseases, such as insomnia, dizziness, allergies, nausea, depression, cardiovascular disease, hypoglycemia, hair loss, skin irritation, bleeding teeth, obesity, type 2 diabetes, colon cancer and pancreas.
2. Sugar can adversely affect the mood swings, personality changes, the occurrence of irritability, asthma, arthritis, heart disease, cholesterol and endocrine problems.
3. Sugar is addictive. It releases a substance, similar to an opiate, which activates certain parts of the brain responsible for the feelings of reward and pleasure.
4. A can of juice contains 40 grams of sugar on average, and carbonated drinks are the main source of sugar, not the sweets as we all thought.
5. Sugar consumption is growing in an average of one percent per year, which is faster than the world population growth. Sugar production is growing faster than its consumption, and this product is constantly getting cheaper. In the last decade, the consumption of sugar has increased by 23 percent.
6. Refined sugar consumption reduces the vitamin B level in the body. Vitamin B deficiency causes symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, chronic fatigue, paranoia, anxiety, insomnia, problems with concentration, digestion disorders, rashes and craving for something sweet.
7. Most of the food we consume contains hidden sugar. Ketchup, hot dog, hamburgers, peanut butter, French fries, pasta sauces, mayonnaise, salad dressings and many other processed foods contain sugar, even if they do not taste sweet. Producers ofter add sugar to low-fat foods to enchance the flavor.
8. Refined sugar has no nutritional value, and contains a lot of calories. It does not contain any vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fat and fiber, because these nutrients are destroyed during the processing. Sugar spends the potassium and magnesium supplies in the body, and this minerals are essential for the cardiovascular health.
9. Despite the extra calories, studies have shown that animals live longer when consuming regular water, rather than sweetened water.
10. How does refined sugar affect the body? Sugar creates an acidic environment in the digestive system, reduces the level of vitamins and minerals in the body, especially calcium levels, and this mineral is essential for healthy bones and teeth. Also, sugar weakens the immune system and causes excessive secretion of digestive enzymes, which badly affects the pancreas.
11. Sugar weakens the function of the liver, which can lead to high blood pressure, skin problems and acne. Refined sugar hinders the blood circulation, accelerates the aging process of the whole organism, makes the wrinkles even worse and reduces the quality of the skin.
But sudden and abrupt removal of the refined sugar from the diet can lead to symptoms such as fatigue, depression, headaches and pain in the limbs, so it is best to eliminate it from your diet gradually.
Source: Health Care Above All
Share It To Your Friends!