When autumn is coming all of our spices and scents are back. This is favorite season to many people due to the apple pie, pumpkin spice, forest pine and many more of the scents. Many of us will buy scented candles and other room fresheners, but according to scientists this is a wrong move because recent studies have shown that these candles and air fresheners may pose danger on our health.
Candles, aerosols, plug-ins, gels and incense sticks are the products which we need to avoid. According to John Naish of the Daily Mail there is an evidence which may prove that these products in fact have negative influence on our health.
Scientists have discovered that if you use these products for a long time that that may lead tumors, lung damages and asthma also they warn that these products may cause changes in the structure in the DNA.
Many people enjoy lighting a candle after a stressful day and relaxing, but scientists say that is so wrong. The chemicals which this candle emits are dangerous and may get stuck in lungs and trigger dangerous inflammatory reactions. Also some types of scents, such as agarwood and sandalwood, may interfere with our DNA. It is a fact that these scented candles are more dangerous than tobacco.
Don’t forget the air fresheners which are also very dangerous. They contain formaldehyde which may cause nose and throat cancer. Plus they can evoke asthma and changes in the hormones. According to the Public Health England’s Center for Radiation, Chemical and Environmental Hazards we should avoid these products as much as we can.
International Journal of Public Health study showed that air fresheners are even more dangerous for pregnant women. They said that women exposed to air fresheners have increased chances to have babies which suffer from wheezing and lung infections. Although many of the big companies who produce these air fresheners claim that their products are perfectly safe Women’s Voices for the Earth don’t agree. They believe that air fresheners interfere babies’ hormonal development.
According to Daily Mail the candles are dangerous even if just keep them in your house as a decoration and don’t light them up. They claim that the scent which evaporates from them is equally dangerous as the scent when you light them up. Another fact is that the chemicals may be absorbed in your body even by touching them.
No matter if you like or not the scented candles or air fresheners you should stay away from them. They emit formaldehyde, interfere with you health condition and also may lead to cancer.
These are some of the facts that you should always keep in mind. Still there are many natural and 100% safe ways of refreshing your room and relaxing.
Source: Natural Healing Magazine
Share It To Your Friends!