Pochero may sound Spanish but it is a classic Filipino dish that mainly consists of vegetables and pork. This healthier version consists of various vegetables, mushroom, fried tofu, and veggie pork.
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 potatoes cubed quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cubed tofu
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cabbage, julienne
- 1 bunch of chinese cabbage, trimmed
- 2 saba banana cut into four
- 1/4 cup veggie/imitation pork (optional) (sold at Asian grocery stores)
- Saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes in a pot over medium heat
- Add the potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir every once in a while.
- Add the carrots and broccoli.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of vegetable broth (add more vegetable broth and salt to taste). Simmer 3-5 min.
- In a separate pan, flash fry the tofu over high heat. (You may do this while preparing the ingredients or while the pot is simmering)
- Put the pot to boil, then add mushroom and deep fried tofu.
- Add the saba banana, cabbage and chinese cabbage.
- Add imitation pork (optional)
- Bring to a boil and you’re done!
Source: ASTIG Vegan
Share It To Your Friends!