Did you know there is such a thing as ‘healthy cookies’?
|Tastes good! But at the hefty price of your waistline!|
In these chocolate avocado cookies, the avocado replaces the butter; it sounds crazy, right? But, seriously, these cookies are organic and not all that bad for you! Avocados are rich and soft, therefore, they make a great substitute for unhealthy butter. You can’t taste the avocado, so don’t freak out.
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The taste blends so well with the other ingredients, you'll never even feel that they're there. These cookies are also sweetened with honey instead of refined, white sugar and make no use of white flour! These cookies are chewy, chocolatey, and just all around perfect.
- 2 ounces organic unsweetened chocolate melted in 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 organic egg and one organic egg white
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree avocado in a food processor or high-speed blender until very smooth
- Add other ingredients, one at a time and pulse until the batter is smooth
- Chill the batter in the fridge for one hour
- Fill a pastry bag and pipe batter onto cookie sheet, or drop the batter by heaping tablespoons.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
|Substitute regular cookies with these healthy treats!|
Source: Family Health Freedom Network
Share It To Your Friends!