We’ve all heard the age old quote, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Now we say, “an avocado a day keeps the doctor away, forever!” and here are 5 reasons why.
|This is one true superfruit...|
1. Avocados Won’t Make You Fat
|Those are all guilt-free inside.|
2. Curbs Hunger
|Avocados won't make you eat again!|
|That content contains all goodness!|
- 18 essential amino acids (protein) and 2 grams of protein per 100 grams of avocado.
- Soluble fiber.
- Phytosterols: beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol that may help keep arthritic and other forms of inflammation under control.
- Carotenoids: Avocados contain an unusually high amount of antioxidant, oil-soluble carotenoids. These include: o-carotene, yellow alpha carotene and yellow lutein, but also many lesser-known carotenoids including yellow epsilon-carotene, yellow neochrome, yellow neoxanthin, yellow chrysanthemaxanthin, orange beta cryptoxanthin, orange zeaxanthin, and yellow violaxanthin.
- Chlorophyll: This is what gives avocados their wonderful green glow. Chlorophyll is a deodorizer, detoxifier, and neutralizer of toxins.
- Polyhydroxylated fatty alcohols (PFAs): These are more widely prevalent in ocean plants but fairly unique among land plants—making the avocado tree (and its fruit) unusual in this regard. Like the avocado’s phytosterols, its PFAs also provide us with anti-inflammatory benefits and skin protection from ultraviolet radiation.
- Vitamins: B (folic acid), C, E
4. Can Be Added To Many Meals
|Avocado is a good complement to any meal.|
Avocados are great with sea salt or nearly any form of seaweed. Their high potassium content is balanced by the high sodium content of sea salt and seaweeds. Avocados are also wonderful in salads. More recently avocados have made their way into smoothie recipes. Of course, no guacamole is possible without its key ingredient.
Can you say delicious?
5. Long-Term Health
|Eat this goodness always and stay away from medications!|
However, one question remains: can you eat an avocado pit? The answer is yes, but they are less than excellent and not recommended.
Source: David Wolfe
Share It To Your Friends!