If you shower and wear deodorant, YOU need to read this article.
If you like your home to smell nice, YOU need to read this article.
If you or your children love to create art… READ this article.
Because these ordinary and often daily tasks could be harming your health and the health of your children in a BIG way.
Your home is a place to gather, to love, to relax and to make memories. However, there are various common items that are lurking in your home environment and secretly wreaking havoc on your health – even to the extent of increasing your risk of cancer! SCARY!
|These things could be the doom of you!|
Here are 6 cancer causers at home that you should throw away IMMEDIATELY!
1. Air Fresheners
- Contain carcinogens (substances/toxins that can lead to cancer).
- Have chemicals that can aggravate asthma and affect reproductive health.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Make natural potpourri.
- 40% of candles contain lead wicks (common in scented candles). Lead wicks emit 5 times the amount of lead considered dangerous to children.
- Candles with lead wicks exceed pollutions standards for outdoor air (as set by the Environmental Protection Agency).
- High lead exposure can cause:
- Learning disabilities
- Hormone disruption
- Behavioral problems
- And many other health problems!
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Beeswax candle with cotton wick.
- Conventional shampoos are overloaded with toxic chemicals (read the ingredient label).
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Handmade shampoo bars, baking soda/apple cider vinegar.
4. Art Supplies
- Contain chemicals that are linked to cancer, allergies and organ damage (especially epoxy, permanent markers, acrylic paint, and rubber cement).
- Children are more susceptible, because of their immature immune systems and speedy metabolisms.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Look for non-toxic items in stores or make your own art supplies. Fore more information, read this.
5. Shower Curtains
- Plastic shower curtains leak toxic chemicals into your bath area.
- They release harmful chemicals called volatile organic chemicals (VOC’s) into your environment that can cause headaches and throat irritation.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Purchase a non-toxic shower curtain.
- Deodorants and antiperspirants stay on your body for hours, allowing you to absorb multiple cancer-causing chemicals through your skin.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Find a natural deodorant or dab baking soda, vinegar and essential oils to stay fresh.
Take the time TODAY to make your home safer by throwing away these cancer-causing items. By doing so, you immediately enhance your home environment and your health!
Share It To Your Friends!