Now that it’s getting colder, you want something that relieves your stress but still permits you to stay healthy.
This warming blended drink will do just that.
The ingredients involved may be new to you, but they are easy to find.
- Maca powder is a root grown in the Peruvian Andes that is known to be a stress-fighting adaptogen that increases stamina, boosts libido and fights fatigue.
- Raw cacao is unprocessed, raw chocolate that is rich in antioxidants, magnesium, polyphenols, fiber and iron – nutrients we all need.
- Chia seeds are full of omega 3’s, fiber and protein and they boost energy and increase stamina.
You can also use warming fall spices that are full of anti-inflammatory nutrients, too.
The fun part is playing around with different nut milks, nut butters and spices. The sky’s the limit, so get creative and try a warm smoothie tomorrow for breakfast or maybe a fun afternoon treat.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk (carrageenan-free)
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I like cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp raw honey, or several drops of liquid Stevia
- Splash of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of ginger, nutmeg, turmeric, cardamom, sea salt
- Put all of the ingredients into a saucepan and warm over low heat. You don’t want it to come to a bubble, because high heat destroys the nutritional properties of the honey and cacao.
- Gently stir to combine everything.
- Then, pour into a blender and whip till frothy.
- Pour into a mug, sprinkle with cinnamon or extra chia seeds and enjoy on a cold day!
Share It To Your Friends!