Most store bought Vitamin C supplements are genetically modified. Manufacturers use genetically modified corn as one of the ingredients. Most commercial vitamin C supplements do not contain natural vitamin C. It’s often made from ascorbic acid which is a synthetic chemical derived from glucose. Ascorbic acid has been proven to destroy good bacteria in the gut and suppress the immune system.
|Vitamin C is essential in fighting several illnesses.|
Health Benefits of Orange Peels
|Don't throw those just yet!|
- One medium orange contains over 60 flavonoids and 170 different phytonutrients.
- Orange peel improves digestion. It helps to releive gas, heartburn, vomiting and acidic eructation.
- Orange peel helps with the respiratory system; it helps eliminate cough and even can improve asthma.
- Orange peels have anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Essential oil, d-limonene, contained in orange peels has ability to promote normal liver function.
How to Make Vitamin C with Just One Ingredient
Making Vitamin C at home is super easy and won’t cost you anything.
- Take organic orange peels and cut them into strips
- Allow the peels to dry at room temperature for a couple of days until crisp
- Once dried, grind the orange strips in any grinder (Coffee grinder will work)
- Take one teaspoon daily (You can add it to your daily smoothies)
- Be sure to store in an airtight container.
Source: Living Traditionally
Share It To Your Friends!