Who does not like a good cup of coffee to start their day off? Although the number of Americans drinking coffee declined for the third year in a row, there is still an average of 60 percent of people consuming this aromatic beverage, equating to over 500 million cups per year.
|This beverage has been a part of our culture.|
There are many benefits to drinking this beverage, from shielding skin cancer and lowering rates of type-2 diabetes to protecting one from Parkinson’s disease. However, your acidic cup of coffee can cause heartburn and major discomfort in your stomach that could put a damper on your day.
But fear not! There is a recipe that will be easy on your stomach, and will give you a healthy jolt of energy to keep you going all day. It is definitely not your typical cup of coffee, but it is one worth incorporating into your daily caffeine run.
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp organic ground vanilla bean (optional – for vanilla lovers)
- 4 cups coffee ground (your favorite roast) or herbal coffee
- 1 cup raw organic vanilla or vegan protein powder
- 10 dates (recommend them to be pitted)
- 2 cups coconut milk (can also use rice milk, almond milk, cashew milk – whatever makes you happy! Just try to stay away from fatty dairies like creamers or whole milk)
- Brew coffee with spices.
- Blend coffee, coconut milk, dates and powder in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Enjoy each morning to wake you up, energize you and keep you feeling satisfied, without the crash.
Source: David Wolfe
Share It To Your Friends!