When you’re tired of popping pills and wonder what else you can do to prevent your next attack, try this food-based solution for migraine pain relief. No, it will not replace a triptan for a migraine attack. But it’s chock full of things proven to help prevent migraines.
Migraine pain relief starts by filling your body with the nutrients it needs to reduce inflammation, plus DHA-rich Omega-3s, Riboflavin and Magnesium.
Curious about what makes this such an effective for migraine pain relief? It’s not a list of familiar trigger foods, but rather a list of surprising foods that are power-packed with nutrients that migraneurs need. Plus, the fruits, veggies, milk and ice are great hydration helpers to start or continue your day. Good hydration is absolutely essential for migraine sufferers.
This shake is potent- preventing the migraine pain before it starts. The best part, it is tasty, too!
|That is a pain!|
Potent Migraine Pain Relief Shake
(Make up 3-4 servings at a time, in advance)
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 3 kale leaves
- 1/3 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1/2 cucumber (or broccoli)
- 1/2 inch ginger root
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup Almond Milk or lowfat Milk
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt, unsweetened
- 1/2 ripe banana (substitute avocado if bananas are a trigger for you)
- 1 cup ice
- Save time by cutting up a few days worth of fruits/veggies in advance and dividing them into Mason Jars to store in the fridge.
- Blend all ingredients except ice on low until smooth. Add ice until crushed, then blend on high to get even smoother. Serve back in the same jar with a straw.
Source: Migraine Again
Share It To Your Friends!