Never mind the tears they bring on—onions are an ace ally in your crusade against disease. A member of the lily family, they bestow you with health benefits while adding oodles of taste to your food.
|They may bring tears, but nothing compared to the benefits they give.|
- Onions contain chromium, which aids in regulating blood sugar.
- The phytochemicals in onions improve the working of Vitamin C in the body, thus gifting you with improved immunity.
- Do you enjoy sliced onions with your food? If yes, rejoice! Raw onion boosts the production of good cholesterol (HDL), thus keeping your heart healthy.
- For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
- A powerful compound called quercetin in onions is known to play a significant role in preventing cancer.
- Got bitten by a honeybee? Apply onion juice on the area for immediate relief from the pain and burning feeling.
- Onions scavenge free radicals, thereby reducing your risk of developing gastric ulcers.
- Those bright green tops of green onions are rich in Vitamin A, so use them often.
|Onions are just as precious as any other vegetable.|
Source: Health Digezt
Share It To Your Friends!