Back in the day, we were always thrilled when our parents brought a creamsicle or two.
That is until we “grew up” and became well aware of how processed sugar is one of the ultimate health destroyers.
BUT, this doesn't mean we give up our pleasures for sweets.
Check out this delicious and nutritious Orange Creamsicle Smoothie.
This thick, creamy, refreshing, tangy and sweet smoothie is sure to give a dose of childhood nostalgia while also providing a healthy burst of antioxidants and more.
Benefits Of An Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 orange supplies more than 100% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C
- Contains an array of healthy nutrients: fiber, thiamine, folate, potassium, copper, vitamin B1 and calcium
- An orange has over 170 different phytochemicals and more than 60 flavonoids
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Strong antioxidant effects
- Great source of potassium, which is necessary for good nerve and muscle function
- Fat and cholesterol-free
- Contain a good amount of vitamin C
- Source of manganese: helps with bone health and metabolism
- Has fiber, which can help you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy digestion
- Provides deep hydration for your body
- Nourishes your cells
- High concentration of fiber, can help prevent indigestion and heartburn
- Contains potassium, magnesium and copper
- Source of antioxidants
- Has a calming effect on your central nervous system
- Helps with stress reduction and management
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 fresh banana
- 3 whole chopped oranges, peel and seeds removed
- 1-2 cups coconut water
- Seeds from ¼ vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Place coconut and oranges in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add frozen and fresh bananas and vanilla. Blend again until very creamy and smooth.
- Note: If you use only fresh bananas the smoothie will not be as creamy - but still delicious!
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Note: If you do not have a high-speed blender, you may prefer using 1 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice INSTEAD of whole oranges, as they may not blend smoothly.
Share It To Your Friends!