Who doesn’t love the cold, creamy and refreshing effects of a delicious bowl of ice cream?
We all DO!
However, we're not so down with the massive refined sugar content found in most supermarket ice creams. They end up giving us a stomach ache and leave us craving more and more sugar hours after we have finished the last spoonful.
Luckily, there is this thing in the magical land of the internet and a much healthier recipe!
Benefits Of Banana-Coconut Raw Vegan Ice Cream
- Indulge your sweet tooth for minimal calories – a medium sized banana has about 110 calories!
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function.
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C.
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements.
- A good source of manganese and copper – helps bone formation and supports proper immune function.
- Excellent source of fiber, which is filling and helps control blood sugar.
- High iron content – helps prevent weakness and fatigue.
- Contains zinc – crucial for the strength and health of your immune system.
- Contains trace minerals such as calcium, manganese, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc.
- Powerful at enhancing brain and mood health.
Banana Coconut Raw Vegan Ice Cream
- 4-6 bananas, frozen and cut into pieces
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder
- Blend frozen banana pieces in a high speed blender, food processor, or Vitamix until they are creamy and have a smooth consistency. Note: Blending it too long will cause it to “melt” - so keep an eye on it!
- Add shredded coconut and vanilla.
- Blend for 30 more seconds until everything is mixed
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Share It To Your Friends!