However, mornings are already a busy time of showering, dressing and getting your family ready to head out the door.
If your mornings are super hectic, or perhaps you just aren’t a “morning person,” this the perfect breakfast recipe for you!
This easy-to-prepare recipe is packed full of nutritious and energizing ingredients. Better yet, you can throw it together the night before and it will be ready and waiting for you in the morning.
It’s time to take a closer look at the healthy, filling and energy producing breakfast that is OVERNIGHT OATS.
WHY It Energizes YOU
This easy-to-prepare breakfast has a hearty 6 grams of fiber and 9 grams of protein that will keep you satiated and going strong well into lunchtime.
Check out the health benefits of the delicious ingredients:
- High levels of phytochemicals – naturally occurring nutrients that help protect cells from damage
- Loaded with fiber, which helps your feel fuller longer
- Excellent antioxidant power, which protects your body from inflammation and free radicals
- Ideal alternative for people who are lactose intolerant
- Boosts your immune system
- Repairs damaged skin
- Helps in reducing and maintaining blood pressure
- Strengthens muscles, skin and organs
Raw Local Honey
- Has antioxidants, enzymes and minerals (iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and selenium)
- Packed with vitamins (vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin)
- Nutraceuticals contained in honey neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in your intestines
- Full of dietary fiber, which also helps you feel full
- High amounts of dietary fiber, nutrients, low calories and a small amount of fat, making it great for weight loss
- Good source of antioxidants
- Great for your heart – helps reduce serum cholesterol levels in your body
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assists with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- ¼ cup fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp raw local honey
- ½ cup organic oats
- ½ tbsp sliced raw almonds
- In a jar, mix the almond milk, honey and oats.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with fresh berries and almonds before eating.
Get creative with various overnight oat additions by following the basic recipe, but then also playing around with different spices and ingredients. Consider adding:
- Cinnamon: Loaded with antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties (which may help lower your risk of disease) and helps fight bacterial and fungal infections.
- Chia seeds: Good for your digestive system, are a high-quality protein, help with detoxification and are a great source of calcium.
- Coconut Oil: Has powerful medicinal properties, increases your energy expenditure, helps your burn more fat; the lauric acid kills bacteria, fungi and helps stave off infections and the fatty acids help boost brain function.
Share It To Your Friends!