We all love bubbly and fizzy drinks – especially on a hot summer’s day!
But we must begrudgingly admit that drinking diet soda regularly exposes us to the dangers of aspartame. Verdict: DON’T DRINK IT.
With soda completely out of the picture, it was time to figure out a healthy way to get a fizzy fix from time to time (because there is almost always a healthy alternative if you look for it).
It won't take long to find one. With a couple lemon slices squeezed in and a few drops of liquid stevia, there's your excellent healthy alternative!
The best part? Mineral water has some wonderful health benefits – check ‘em out below!
Reasons To Drink Mineral Water
1. Rich in sulfates
- Needed in your diet
- Eighth most common element in your body
2. Contains NO sugar and NO chemicals
3. Has calcium, magnesium, bicarbonate and other trace minerals
4. Can help you lose weight
- Contains no calories and is fat free
- Cutting out calories from your beverages can lead to greater weight loss
- Keeps you hydrated and feeling healthy
5. Improves your bone health
- The calcium found in mineral water helps maintain a normal bone density
- Helps prevent the development of bone related illnesses
6. Helps with digestion
- Sulfates help promote digestion by stimulating your pancreas to release digestive enzymes
7. Lowers your blood pressure
- Magnesium found in mineral water helps maintain a normal blood pressure level
8. Get glowing skin
- High silica content strengthens the cells between collagen and elastin fibers, which slow the formation of wrinkles
- Wash your face with mineral water for a more gentle rinse than regular tap water
Note: To avoid BPA found in plastic bottles, choose a mineral water that is in a glass bottle.
Next time you are feeling the need to quench your thirst, reach for a bubbly bottle of mineral water! It also makes a great base for infused water.
Share It To Your Friends!