Ginger is famous in oriental dishes and is one of the most powerful digestive aids out there. It has been used since ancient times as a remedying herb to aid in motion sickness, morning sickness, cramps and nausea. While some people prefer to sip on a warm honey ginger tea, others have taken a liking to the very portable ginger balls in order to calm the stomach and rebalance the system.
Hot ginger with honey and lemon can help boost the immune system during a cold. Since together they act like a natural anti-inflammatory agent, they can help with menstrual cramps, joint pain, improve blood circulation, help reproductive systems in both genders and even lower the blood sugar for those who are struggling with diabetes.
Ginger has proven itself so many times that it is now considered to be more effective than over-the-counter medication when it comes to aiding in motion sickness. This is great news if you are trying to save money and still get great results.
Start using ginger today by making these delicious homemade ginger hot balls!
Homemade Ginger Hot Balls
- 2 tbsp of ginger root powder
- 1-2 tbsp of carob or even unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder
- Honey (for best results use local organic honey)
- Combine the ginger, carob or cocoa powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Mix in just enough honey so that your mixture starts to take on the texture of bread dough.
- Add a ½ teaspoon of water, ensuring to mix well and then knead your “dough” for a few minutes (all the while adding more ginger, carob or cocoa powder to thicken, if necessary).
- Lastly, roll “dough” into pea-sized balls and allow them to dry at room temperature or even in a dehydrator if you have access to one. Store the now pea-sized balls in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Keep them in a cool, dark location and these little guys will keep for 3 to 4 weeks; they can last even longer if you store them in the refrigerator.
How To Use Your Ginger Hot Balls
Take up to two or three balls as needed to help calm your upset tummy. If you have sea or motion sickness, then take two or three balls an hour before you set out on your travels, so that they have time to start working for you, then take them as you need them.
Share It To Your Friends!