The thing is that store bought canned soups are often lurking with dangerous ingredients, such as added sodium (and possibly MSG), BPA and GMO’s.
Therefore, it is easier – and better – to throw together a pot of soup and freeze the leftovers for days the that you don’t feel like cooking.
This lentil soup is packed with nutrients, suitable for vegans, easy to digest and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Easy Vegan Lentil Soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups of lentils (brown, green, or yellow)
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and salt, saute for 10 minutes or until golden brown (stir occasionally).
- Add garlic and cumin and stir for 1 minute.
- Add lentils and water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This soup can be made in bulk and frozen in single serving portions that will be ready-to-go for those days when cooking is not on the agenda.
Share It To Your Friends!