Chapped lips are one of our worst enemies and because of that, we constantly carry and apply lip balm every few hours. We can’t stand the feeling of dry lips! The soreness, the cracking, peeling.
Your lips can become chapped from a variety of reasons such as the weather, dry air, constant lip licking and even some medications.
But you may not want to cover your lips in the chemical laden chap stick that you can pick up at the store, so…
How about making your own lip balm with soothing essential oils?
Homemade Peppermint Lavender Lip Balm
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of beeswax
- 10 drops essential oils (for this specific recipe: 5 drops peppermint, 5 drops lavender)
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- You will also need a double broiler
- Heat the beeswax and coconut oil together in the double broiler. Stir frequently until both are smooth and completely melted.
- Add the drops of essential oil to the coconut and beeswax mixture.
- Poke a hole in the vitamin E capsule and add the liquid to the mixture. Stir all ingredients together.
- Pour your newly made lip balm mixture into your container and allow it to cool for up to 1 hour (depending on the size of your containers).
Share It To Your Friends!