Eating hot soup + warm weather = NO.
Separately, hot soup and warm weather are absolutely fantastic. But, when you put them together, the only word that comes to mind is MELT. Not the kind of thoughts you want to have while enjoying your lunch.
With summer right around the corner, it’s time to prepare yourself with some warm weather-friendly recipes that are light, refreshing and delicious.
This easy-to-make chilled cucumber soup will certainly become a go-to on a hot summer’s day. It’s low in calories, yet will keep you feeling full and deliver an abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Benefits Of Cucumber Soup
- Fight inflammation by “cooling” the inflammatory response in your body.
- Contain numerous antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- Very low in calories, yet make a filling snack due to their fiber content.
- Support your digestive health, because of their water and fiber content.
- Packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion.
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body.
- Helps with the digestion of food.
- Protects your eyes from aging and infection.
- Rejuvenates skin.
- Prevents heart disease.
- Low in calories, but contain many antioxidants, lots of plant fiber, minerals and vitamins.
- Plentiful in B-complex vitamins.
- Have high levels of dietary fiber.
Cool And Crisp Cucumber Soup
- 2 seedless cucumbers, chopped
- 4 avocados, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 32 ounces vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp organic greek yogurt
- Put the cucumbers, avocados, lime juice, scallions and yogurt into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Slowly add the vegetable or chicken stock. Blend again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime zest.
Share It To Your Friends!