You are eating healthy and exercising, yet still NOT seeing the results you desire. Sound familiar? And let’s not even get started on how frustrating that is!
THIS is where you unknowingly could be playing a game of nutrition hide-and-seek. What you THINK is a “healthy food” could in fact be sabotaging your efforts and hiding toxins.
These are the foods that could be KILLING your metabolism because your body treats them as toxic invaders! As a result, your body is forced into a fight-or-flight response and these foods also impede the functionality of your metaboslim. This can lead to:
Digestive disease and issues
- Weight gain
- Hormone imbalance
- Thyroid dysfunction
The following foods have often been touted as “health foods,” but are actually far from it!
Here are the 6 risky foods that are killing your metabolism:
- Loaded with sugar, which makes you gain weight
- Laden with chemicals
- 1 8-ounce glass of juice has 30 grams of sugar… a soda had 28!
- Also look out for: corn syrup, raw and brown sugar, dextrose, fructose, juice concentrate
- Use real lemon juice, water and stevia to make homemade lemonade
- Herbal tea mixed with raw honey
- Coconut water
- Water infused with fresh fruit
- Could be the most risky of all!
- Gluten, starch and phytic acid (found in wheat bread) cause inflammation
- Inflammation is the ROOT of all diseases!
- Difficult to absorb minerals and vitamins from whole grains
- What to look out for: bread, pasta, cereal, crackers, desserts, chips, granola bars
- prouted grain bread
- Coconut flour (instead of wheat flour; high in fiber, contains fats that your body can use as fuel)
- Aspartame is linked to 92 adverse health effects
- Sucralose (Splenda) and aspartame stimulate your appetite (increases cravings for carbohydrates)
- Stevia (all natural; no calorie sweetener)
- Raw honey
- Slows down fat loss and causes your body to store unwanted fat
- Contains hydrogenated oils (causes inflammation; disrupts hormones and metabolism)
- Genetically modified – 90% of canola oil
- Coconut oil
- High in medium chain fatty acids
- Grass-fed butter
- High in CLA
- Supports your metabolism
- Peanuts are grown in soil and stored in damp silos (causes them to grow fungus; negatively affects the health of your gut by competing with the probiotics; damages digestive health)
- One of the most common allergens today
- High in omega-6 fats, which cause inflammation in your body
- Almond butter (nutrition-rich; high in amino acid L-arginine; increases HGH production in your body; helps your body build lean muscle; increases metabolic rate
- Made up of whole grains and sugar
- Often the honey in granola contains no pollen and is high-temperature pasteurized, which destroys its health benefits
- Gluten, phytic acid and processed honey = metabolic death!
- Make homemade sprouted granola (soak almonds, cashews, pecans and chia seeds in water for 8 hours then lay out to dry; mix raw local honey, raisins, coconuts flakes, cinnamon and sea salt with nuts; dry in oven or dehydrator
Keep your metabolism safe by avoiding these 6 risky foods and maybe even lose those last 5 to 10 stubborn pounds that don’t seem to want to budge!
Share It To Your Friends!