If you are lifting weights, you are well aware of how painful it can be to try and sit down after a tough workout. However, the side effects from a hard workout are expected.
Rather than slathering on a store bought, chemically-laden muscle rub, do this natural homemade remedy.
In under 30 minutes, you can whip up this homemade muscle rub and start relaxing your aches and pains today.
Here Is WHY This Homemade Muscle Rub Works:
- An anti-inflammatory
- Increases blood supply to the area where it is applied
- Promotes circulation
- Effective for relieving arthritis pain
- A very potent stimulant
- Increases blood flow
- A natural pain reliever
- Helps block the neurotransmitter that signals pain, thus reducing pain
- Improves circulation and blood flow
- A strong anti-inflammatory
- Relieves pain and swelling
Lavender Essential Oil
- Anti-inflammatory and cell regenerating properties
- A sedative to the central nervous system
- Relieves nervous tension
Peppermint Essential Oil
- An invigorating stimulant
- Has a cooling, soothing and refreshing effect
- Anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic
- Can relieve pain and inflammation
Homemade Muscle Rub
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup grated beeswax
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ginger (or turmeric powder - but be careful, turmeric can stain)
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Glass jar
- Get a saucepan and pour in 2 inches of water, place over medium low heat.
- In a glass jar, put in the coconut oil and beeswax.
- Place the jar in the saucepan with water and allow the oil and beeswax to melt.
- Stir as needed to combine.
- Add cayenne and ginger/turmeric.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, allow to slightly cool.
- Add essential oil and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into tins or small containers and allow it to set (become solid).
To get the full amount of benefits from this rub:
- Scoop out a small amount using a clean finger or a small spoon.
- Thoroughly rub the mixture into your skin, allowing it to absorb.
- Apply more rub if needed, massaging it into your skin.
Share It To Your Friends!