Strawberries work great for those who want to prevent cancer, inflammation and diabetes. The Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry published a study according to which strawberry extract can decrease the proliferation of colon (HT29) and breast (MCF-7) cancer cells.
The inhibition of colon cancer cells was 53%, and that of MCF-7 cells averaged 43 percent. Scientists believe that this is provided by the large amounts of phytonutrients, ellagic acid and ellagitannins found in the fruit.
Organic and raw strawberries have stronger anti-cancer effect than conventional varieties.
Fruit roll-ups are one of the easiest and most delicious ways to start eating more strawberries. Of course, if you needed a reason for that. Strawberry roll-ups are super-easy to make.
They are delicious, and you have control over anything that goes in there. Homemade roll-ups do not contain artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. The same recipe goes for pretty much any fruit, the choice is yours.
- 3 cups strawberries
- raw honey
- Preheat your oven to 170.
- Take a cookie sheet and line it with some plastic wrap.
- Cut off the stems of the strawberries.
- Purée the fruit until smooth consistency. Food processors work great for that.
- Add some raw honey and sweeten to taste.
- Pour the sweet mixture onto the cookie sheet. The layer should be about 1/8″ thick.
- Bake for 6-8 hours. Wait for a while, or until the center is no longer tacky.
- Just lift the plastic wrap off the cookie sheet and place it on the countertop. Let it cool.
- Flip it onto some parchment paper.
- Remove the plastic wrap.
- Cut into strips of your desire and just roll.
Source: Healthy Food House
Video: YouTube @WhatsUpMoms
Share It To Your Friends!