This butterfly-shaped gland, located at the base of the neck, plays an important role in a number of metabolic processes in the body. It secretes thyroxine – a hormone involved in regulating metabolism, heart rate and growth and development in children.
You can easily locate it between the top of your throat (the Adam`s apple region in men) and the top of your breastbone. The thyroid is in the small space in between.
There are two main kinds of thyroid disorder:
1. Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid is overactive and produces thyroid hormone in excess. The most common symptoms include:
- Difficulty focusing on one task
- Change in bowel habits
- Elevated heart rate and palpitations
- Menstrual problems
- Feeling hot
- Sleeping difficulties
- Racing thoughts
- Nervousness,anxiety or irritability
- Weight loss
2. Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland is underactive, so it doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormone. The most common symptoms are:
- Brittle nails
- Weight gain
- Muscle cramps
- Decreased menstrual flow
- Swelling in the front of the neck
- Dry skin and hair
What you need:
- 40 pieces of green (young) walnuts
- 1kg organic honey
- 1 large or a couple of small glass jars
What you do:
Clean the walnuts thoroughly then dry and prick them with a needle or sharp knife. Place the nuts in a jar then cover them with honey. The jar should remain open and exposed to sunlight. After 40 days, strain the liquid and store it in a glass bottle.
How to use it:
Take 2 tbsp. in the morning and in the evening on a regular basis.
Source: Super Tasty Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!