Owners of small plots are always tortured by the same thing: how to plant different fruits and vegetables, with a good yield, on a small land.
Thus, in one barrel, you can cultivate as many pickles, as on the surface of 3 meters, with much less obligations, and at the same time you will protect the yield from various diseases.
There is another characteristic moment -- growing cucumbers is such a pleasure-no bending when harvest, or other necessary works.
How to grow cucumbers in a barrel:
- Put on your parcel, on the sunny side of one or several barrels.
- At the bottom of the barrel, store organic waste: leaves, grass, straw, carrots, peels of bananas and other fruits and vegetables, branches or weeds.
- Also, use the fertilizer. Fill the barrel.
- In May, fill the whole barrel with soil, with thickness of about 10-15 cm.
- Pour immediately, and plant seeds of cucumbers. 9-10 seeds will be necessary for one barrel.
- Plant them at a distance of 12-15 cm.
- To conserve heat, cover the barrel with nylon, preferably a black one, because black attracts heat from the sun. Or use an empty plastic bottle.
Plants will grow like yeast, if you provide an optimal microclimate with the help of a small dish of water in the middle of the barrel, which you’ll fill with water if necessary.
In mid-June, when the weather is warm, you can remove the nylon. Cucumbers grow and twine around the barrel. In order for the wind not to hurt the plant, you can tie a bag of cucumbers on the barrel with a thin cord.
Care for cucumbers is not difficult. You should water them with 5-7 liters of water once in 3-4 days if there isn’t any rain.
With a barrel, you can get the same yield as the three rows in the garden.
Source: Healthy Food House
Share It To Your Friends!