One of the most favorable gifts by Mother Nature is the ginger itself, providing numerous health benefits by enhancing multiple bodily functions.
Its extraordinary components possess anti-inflammatory properties and help in improving the functioning of the digestive system and in strengthening the immune system.
The unique taste and smell of ginger are due to the essential oils it is loaded with, the most important ones being gingerols, shogaols, and zingerone. These essential oils are responsible for ginger’s properties to fight parasites, funguses, viruses, and bacteria.
The roots of this vegetable contain so many nutrients that make it excellent in relieving pain, in asthma treatments, and in improving the digestive system, the immune system and cardiovascular health.
Benefits of Ginger Tea
Ginger tea offers numerous benefits for our health. Some of these are the following:
- The protective properties of ginger tea help in fighting viral infections including influenza, cold sores and cold.
- Due to its warming property, ginger helps in improving the blood flow. By improving blood circulation, nutrients and oxygen reach throughout the body, helping in the proper development of the body.
- This beneficial vegetable is rich in antioxidants that help in the improved functioning of your body’s defense system against diseases and infections, so ginger tea is amazing to boost your immune system.
- Ginger possesses special ingredients that help in reducing pain, by stopping prostaglandins from triggering an inflammation in various parts of the body. Regular consumption of ginger tea will help fight headache, cold, sore muscles and flu.
- Ginger tea can also help to reduce the likeliness of suffering from a stroke. Studies show that taking just 1 cup of ginger tea per day is enough, since it will break down all the fats that could block the arteries.
Ginger Tea Recipe
- Honey (organic and raw)
- Ground ginger – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric (ground) – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut milk
- Water – 1 cup
Add ginger and turmeric in boiling water. Lower the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then, add the milk and remove the tea in a cup. In the end, add the honey.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Living Traditionally
Share It To Your Friends!