Plaque is the accumulation of food waste in the internal and external surfaces of the teeth. This oral disease can cause bad breath and may also develop other conditions such as the same condition sarro-, which develops when these food residues harden and calcined in the teeth causing bleeding and halitosis.
Although there is no definitive solution to prevent the development of plaque on the teeth, you can perform a number of home procedures to reduce the accumulation of these residues in the mouth and prevent this disease progresses. Do you dare to know more?
For people who smoke is common that these plates are dark yellow due to the accumulation of nicotine in the teeth. The same applies to people who are used to drinking coffee and chewing snuff. Plaque is the beginning of what may be a major problem as tooth decay and even tooth loss.
What is recommended for the average person, it is to visit the dentist every 6 months for a procedure known as deep prophylaxis. Although this procedure is not expensive, most people last year without going to the dentist, as well because they forget or because they fear professional mouth. In this article we will show you an amazing remedy to remove plaque without having to go to the dentist!
Home Remedy 1
- 1/2 liter of water
- 60 grams of flour nutshell
In a container preferably aluminum, let boil water and 60 grams of flour nutshell, low heat until it reaches boiling point, then let it boil 10 minutes on low heat. The result will be a slurry similar to toothpaste, that we will use to brush our teeth for 5 minutes 2 times a month.
Home Remedy 2
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 liter of water
Use a pot to mix the ingredients then bring to a boil and simmer for an hour over low heat. Use the mixture to brush your teeth for 5 minutes twice a month. It’ll prevent plaque and tartar formation on your teeth.
Proper and regular dental hygiene is vital for your oral health. The following tips will help you keep your dental hygiene at an optimal level.
- Never miss a day to brush your teeth; ideally you should brush after each meal or at least twice a day.
- Spend at least 2 minutes brushing.
- Always choose milder toothpaste, as most conventional types contain harsh chemicals that hamper your oral pH.
- Floss every night before bedtime to remove food residues that remains stuck between teeth.
- Use a mouthwash regularly. The natural varieties which you can make at home, such as thyme and mint infusion, are the best ones. You can also mix sea water and regular water in a ratio 1:2.
- For plaque deposits that won’t come off, visit a dentist, but don’t do the plaque-removing procedure too often as it can damage your tooth.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Healthy Food Team
Share It To Your Friends!