Bugs can be really boring and using citronella oil has been considered as a fancy way to repel insects. Essential oils are a far better option than chemicals when it comes to insect repellents, so here is something you should try.
Our idea will help you ward off insects and make your home a more beautiful place to live in.
Supplies You Need:
- 4 Mason Jars (you can also recycle jelly jars, etc)
- 40 drops each – Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon and Thieves essential oils (or use your own combination of oils but these are known to help to repel the buggies). This equals TEN drops of each oil / jar.
- 2 fresh lemons
- 2 fresh limes
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Floating tea light candles
To assemble these are just so easy. I lined up my 4 mason jars and here’s what you do:
- Slice the lemons and the limes and set aside for a moment – I like to have two each just in case but you can possibly use one each
- Place two sprigs of rosemary into each jar
- Fill each jar 3/4 full with water
- Add the essential oils of your choice – 10 drops each per jar – and swirl slightly
- Place a slice each of lemon and lime into each jar
- Add more water if needed to raise the level to almost full
- Place a floating tea light candle on top
- Set outside, light and make some magic once you light them*
- Replace tea lights as needed – I recommend having some extras on hand!
- Discard fruit and liquid in jar after 2 – 3 days depending on your climate; rinse jars and start fresh as needed
Never leave candles unattended or in reach of small children; Make sure the mixture in jars is not ingested.
So how pretty and easy are those? Perfect for an outside gathering or party, right?
Here’s to a beautiful summer ahead with many fun gatherings and wonderful memories (and less bugs).
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: A Little Clairefication
Share It To Your Friends!