Rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, this scrub will moisturize your skin and keep it hydrated.
Everyone has been harping on the many beauty benefits of olive oil, but the truth is that the oil has been used as a beauty ingredient since ancient times. Why not? Olive oil is packed with antioxidants, minerals and natural fatty acids which are superb for skin. If you want to reap the benefits of olive oil and get a silky smooth skin, whip up this olive oil and salt body scrub recommended by cosmetologist Nandita Das.
How to prepare:
- Mix half cup of olive oil with a quarter cup of salt to make a thick paste. You can also add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the mixture for its exfoliating properties.
- Then apply the paste on your skin in circular motions.
- Leave the paste for 5 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- You can also use this scrub to heal cracked heels.
- After exfoliating your heels with a pumice stone, massage this scrub on your feet and then wash off.
- Follow this routine at night before you go to sleep and put on socks to lock in the moisture in your feet.
How does it work?
Rich in oleic acid, olive oil is a natural emollient and an excellent moisturizer. The salt will help remove the dead skin cells. Salt also contains a lot of minerals that will keep your skin hydrated. Also, try using these DIY body scrubs to get glowing skin at home.
Which olive oil should you use for the skin?
With many varieties of olive oil available in the market, you may be wondering which suits best for your skin is. Extra virgin olive oil is the finest one and will have the most number of beneficial properties over any other kind.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: The Health Site
Share It To Your Friends!