There are a number of ways you can preserve your herbs but some of them are complicated, some don’t preserve all the flavors and you just don’t know what to do. Well, we've tried a couple of methods and we can say with guarantee that the best way to keep your herbs is to freeze them
Freezing your herbs is the simplest way to preserve the harvest, maintain the flavor and enable you to have fresh, tasty, nutritious home grown herbs ready to use all year round.
Here’s how you can do it:
- First you need to wash your herbs thoroughly so that you get rid of all the dirt, dust and insects that may be on them. You wouldn't want to freeze a bug alongside your parsley, we’re sure.
- Chop the herbs up and with a small spoon transfer them into an ice cube tray. Make sure they’re evenly distributed and packed tightly.
- Fill the ice cube tray slowly with water so that the herbs don’t get out.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 12-24 hours.
- Pop the herbal ice cubes out of the tray and transfer them in freezer bags, labeling each one so that you know which is which.
When you need any of the herbs just drop the cube into whatever meal you’re preparing and enjoy the flavor
These herbal ice cubes can be a nice addition to your cocktails as well, they look and taste amazing! Just what you needed for your next summer party!
This method of herb preservation works best with herbs like parsley, mint, basil, chives and dill.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Cure Joy
Share It To Your Friends!