Whether you’re a teen smoker or a lifetime pack–a–day smoker, quitting can be tough. But the more you learn about your options and prepare for quitting, the easier the process will be. With the right game plan tailored to your needs, you can break the addiction, manage your cravings, and join the millions of people who have kicked the habit for good.
Smoking is an ugly habit which is not easy to quit and badly affects your health. If you want to quit smoking, above all you need will, but these tips can also help you.
- Go to the gym and start with recreational sports. Your need for nicotine is reduced when you exercise, -because it increases the production of serotonin and dopamine.
- Also, experts recommend you to practice yoga. A large number of smokers are trying to reduce stress with cigarettes but the relaxation with yoga could help you to keep stress and anxiety under control.
- Cigarettes will be far less attractive if you “train” the brain to recognize them as the unpleasant smell. When you feel the need to light a cigarette, think about that unpleasant smell.
- Research conducted at the University of Buffalo, shows that the consumption of fruits and vegetables can also reduce the desire for cigarettes.
- It is not bad if you devote to a hobby or find a new occupation. Besides that it distracts you from the bad habit it is proven that the hobby activates the brain`s reward system, the same part that is activated when you take your dose of nicotine.
- Write down on a piece of paper why you want to quit smoking - for health, family, to save money… Studies show that writing helps us to remember better, so it is not bad when you will ” slip into crisis” , when you want to light a cigarette, to take a piece of paper and remind yourself why do you want to quit smoking.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Good Morning Center
Share It To Your Friends!