It is national fruit of Bangladesh and it grows in tropical areas, especially in southeast Asia. This fruit is a meat replacement for vegans, as it is extremely healthy, versatile, and high of vitamins.
Namely, it is a rich source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and magnesium, as well as calcium, protein, and vitamin A. A cup of this fruit gives even 25% of the needed amount of B6.
The National Cancer Institute reported that about 1, 2 million of people Americans in 2013 have developed colorectal cancer, which is extremely hard to treat and leads to many additional complications.
However, jackfruit is a perfectly effective, natural way to fight and treat colon cancer.
These are the most important health benefits of jackfruit in the prevention and treatment of cancer, and in the case of various other health issues:
1. Prevention of Colon Cancer
Jackfruit is high in potent compounds like saponins, phytonutrients, lignans and isoflavones, which have powerful anti-cancer properties, prevent radical damage and chronic diseases.
2. Lignans and Isoflavones
These are phytoestrogens as they bind to the receptors as estrogens do. The National Cancer Institute published a study in 2006, which found that they lower the risk of endometrial cancer. The study involved 500 women, and one group received a high level of isoflavones and lignans from this fruit while the other group didn’t. The first group had dramatically reduced cancer rates.
3. Boosts the Immune System
This fruit is rich in vitamin C and strengthens the immune system. Studies have shown that the sugar in this fruit has polysaccharides that boost the phagocytic cell function.
Phytonutrients prevent the onset of cancer cells and provide numerous health benefits. The jackfruit is also of great help in the case of stomach ulcers. They induce mitotic arrest in leukemia cells and prevent the growth of cancerous cells.
5. Protection of Cellular DNA
Jackfruit is rich in antioxidants, which prevent damage to the cellular DNA due to free radicals and protect against induced mutations.
Saponins have potent anti-cancer properties. The Journal of Nutrition 1995 published a study which found that they are successful cancer preventive agents.
6. Various anti-cancer properties
Jackfruit is rich in fiber in a sticky form, and thus it cleanses the colon, eliminates toxins from the digestive system, and reduces the colon cancer risk.
There are many reasons to consume this fruit and add it to your daily diet:
- It is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, niacin, folate, riboflavin, and thiamine.
- 1cup of jackfruit gives more than 11% of the daily fiber intake.
- It is high in numerous essential minerals like copper, calcium, selenium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, potassium, iron, and phosphorus.
- It is low in calories, as a cup of jackfruit has 155calories and only 4 fats.
- It is low in saturated fats, sodium, and cholesterol.
- The Chinese medicine uses it as a way to reduce the effects of alcohol intake.
- It contains simple sugars which are vital for your health.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Holistic Living Tips
Share It To Your Friends!