These days so many people are trying to live healthier, but choosing tasty, diet-friendly food and healthy drinks can be a real challenge. Party food should be easy to make and easy to eat. But could it also be relatively healthy?
-The following tips will help you choose healthier food and the recipes are less expensive and healthier alternatives to chips, pretzels, large tuna dish, cheese-sticks, high-fat family-sized pizza, hot wings and many more.
If you are throwing a party try following these tips:
1. Finger Food Recipes
Use non-stick cookware for minimal use of oil, or use low-calorie vegetable spray.
- Toothpick Combos E.g. Organic turkey meat with olives and organic cheese.
- Tortilla Roll-ups E.g. Cream cheese, organic ham, greens and onions.
- Fruit Kabobs
- Mixed Snacks Ideas
2. Dip and Spread Ideas
Use low-fat or fat-free yogurt and reduce fat in dips and creamy dressings.
- Fruit Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Layer Dip
Use low-fat cheese and organic meat.
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Veggie Sandwich
- Organic Meat and Organic Cheese Sandwich
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwich
Use lemon juice or flavored vinegars to enhance the flavor of your salad.
- Spaghetti Salad
- Beans Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Veggie Salad
- Tomato-Corn Salad
Forgot high-fat cakes and pastries and serve healthy desserts instead!
- Homemade Ice Cream
- Apple Crunch
- Fresh Berries
- Exotic Fruits- Mango, Papaya, Kiwi
- Yogurt and Granola Cups
Offer alcohol free drinks. Look for some tasty lemonade or any healthy drink.
- Pink Lemonade
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Ice Tea
- Light Punch
- Sparkling Juices
- First of all, do not go hungry, because everything looks delicious when you are hungry.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Just enjoy some healthy drink!
- Take a walk around and make a good selection of healthy portions.
- Select something nutrient rich, if you would like to have some appetizer, like bruschetta or shrimp in cocktail sauce.
- Enjoy desserts in small portions.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Healthy Food House
Share It To Your Friends!