History of Sugarcane
The cultivation of sugar cane is an age old practice and it originated in New Guinea 10,000 years back. After that it started being cultivated in many countries and predominantly in India. The Moors picked up the trade secret of processing sugar from sugar cane from Indians. Sugar production thus started being done in Spain and other countries in Europe. Different countries started producing sugar in different forms, color and granules as well as in terms of molasses content. Today, with the focus coming back on natural and unrefined forms of sugar, sugarcane juice is being highlighted more than the processed sugar.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane is an important member of the grass family. It consists of sucrose and has several nutrients included in it which aids in maintaining good health. Many of the benefits are not known by people:
- Sugarcane juice not only helps to add on healthy form of sugar in the bloodstream, it contains vitamins and minerals that can protect the system from flu, freezing and sore throat
- Sugarcane juice is one fruit juice that has a high level of natural sweetness. One does not have to add on additional sugar to it. Those who are diabetic can enjoy such a juice without worrying about the blood sugar complications
- When one is suffering from acute dehydration, it is recommended that one drinks this juice as it helps to boost the blood sugar levels as well as removes fatigue.
- Those who suffer from fever and have loss of protein from the system, they will find that consumption of sugarcane juice leads to supplementing the body with necessary protein. The body temperature is brought down and one can recuperate faster
- Those who suffer from jaundice are provided sugarcane juice to recuperate faster
- Digestion is assisted as well as constipation due to the high level of potassium content
- Wound healing properties are enhanced and so is the immune system with regular intake of sugarcane juice.
Thu, the juice of sugarcane has many beneficial properties to offer to the human system. if you know of more benefits, do share them here.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Share It To Your Friends!