- Warm Drinks: For example tea or any other hot drinks are promoting the movement of mucus through your sinuses by moistening your mucus membranes.
- Foods rich in Vitamin A, C, E and Zinc: Vitamin A is also known as membrane conditioner because it helps build healthy mucus membranes in the throat and head. Yellowand orange vegetables, fruits are rich sources of vitamin A, leafy green vegetablesand tomatoes.Citric fruits like lemon, grapefruit are rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin E is found in vegetable oils, nutsand seeds while zinc is found in poultry, seafood and red meat.
- Garlic: When crushed it releases an enzyme called allicin. Allicin may kill the viruses and destroy the bacteria causing the sinus infections.
- Coconut water: It has bodily cleansing properties and it contains potassium.
- Spicy Food: Generally spicy food like horseradish,jalapeño,pepperwill clear your sinuses by releasing the mucus in your nostrils. But, avoid spicy foods if you suffer from acid reflux, as they can trigger heartburn. When stomach acid flows back upward, it inflames and irritates your nasal passages, causing them to become blocked and swollen.
- Chicken Soup: It contains an amino acid called cysteine which helps initiates a process that enables breaking down mucus, leading to cleared sinuses and a runny nose.
- Pineapple: It contains bromelain, which has been used for centuries to treat inflammation particularly after sinus surgery.
Worst Foods for Sinus Congestion:
- Caffeine weakens your adrenal glands.
- High sugar content food (ice cream, desserts,soft drinks)
- Refined Carbohydrates (pastas, white bread, rice)
- Fried food
- Starchy foods
- Omega 6 fatty acid containing food
- Refined vegetable oils
- Trans fat and saturated food
- Food containing additives
- Cow’s milk
- Fermented foods (sauerkraut, wine, cheese, beer)
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Healthy Food Plans
Share It To Your Friends!