In hospitals, lavender oils are used to decrease the stress before surgery. Students’ anxiety before tests has been lowered as well by the lavender’s aroma. Lavender has been helpful in cases of depression, insomnia, labor pains, headaches, hangovers and congestion of the sinuses.
Here are some clinical trials with lavender aromatherapy:
- Anxiety in patients in the intensive care units was decreased with the aromatherapy.
- The mood of hospital staff was improved after the lavender aromatherapy.
- After 3 minutes of therapy, people were more relaxed and in better mood.
- Depression and anxiety was decreased in female patients being treated with hemodialysis after the aromatherapy.
- Reduction of pain was observed after lavender aromatherapy.
- 1 cup honey
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lavender or 1 drop lavender oil
- 6 peeled and juiced lemons
- Lavender spring as garnish
Boil half of the water and remove it from the stove. Add dried lavender and honey and leave it for 20 minutes. Strain it into a large container. Add lemon juice and the rest of the water and stir the mixture. Put it in the fridge.
Other uses of lavender for anxiety and headaches
- Add 5 drops of lavender oil to your bath for dry skin.
- Decrease work stress with 10 drops of lavender oil in the air.
- Add 2 drops of lavender oil to your normal body oil to better your skin, to relax, to protect yourself from insects or to help you fall asleep.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Choose Healthy Life
Share It To Your Friends!