While you may always purchase the loofah from the market, there are these fibrous bath accessories that come from a vegetable called luffa or sponge gourd. The luffa plant produces large gourds that leave a strong fibre once it is dried. You can use it for exfoliating your skin which can be much better than those plastic ones you find in the market. Beauty expert Janet Fernandez tells you how it benefits.
- You can use gentle friction to remove the dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Exfoliation with a luffa will not only improve the texture of the skin but will also prevent any bacteria from clogging the pores of the skin. Also, try using these natural home-made scrubs to get rid of dead skin cells.
- The friction on your skin can also improve circulation. Also, unlike the harsh abrasive sponges and scrubbers, luffa’s elastic fibres are round in cross section and are thus less likely to scratch your skin.
Tips to use luffa:
- If you use it regularly, do so in circular motions with moderate pressure to prevent any bruises or damage to your skin’s surface. Harsh scrubbing also has chances of stripping out your natural oils, which may leave your skin itchy or flaky.
- After having scrubbed off your dead skin cells, all of it is usually caught in the fibres, and this attracts bacteria to thrive on it. Which means, if you don’t wash off the luffa after you use it, you are scrubbing yourself with the bacteria again. Wash the luffa with an anti-bacterial liquid or some white vinegar and ensure all the body wash gel is off the luffa.
- The natural type may be harsher on the skin’s surface so make sure that you exfoliate your skin gently. You should prime your skin well enough first with warm water, so it isn’t harsh on your skin. Then, scrub the back carefully. You could also find your skin relieved of ‘backne’ with its use. Use a moisturiser once you are done with your skin could feel dry. Here is an easy DIY apple scrub for flawless skin.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: The Health Site
Share It To Your Friends!