10 Extraordinary Ways to Use Apple Peels
1. Air freshener: Put apple peels and water in a pot, add some cinnamon and simmer on the stove.
Moving right along to apple peels, in a study published recently in the American Chemical Society’s journal Applied Materials & Interfaces, the NUS team doped the surface of the peels with zirconium oxides, which enhanced their ability to adsorb negatively charged pollutants in water.The new study found that the supercharged peels efficiently removed phosphate, aresenate, arsenite and chromate ions.
2. Clean aluminum cookware. Due to the acid found in apple peels, you can clean aluminum cookware. Just put water in the pan, add apple peels, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Apple peel jelly.
4. Apple peel wine: All you need is apple peels, water, yeast, orange juice and lemon juice. Bring the water to a boil and dissolve the yeast. Mix in the juices and the peels and transfer the mixture into a jar. Let the mixture rest for 10 days. Strain it and add sugar if necessary.
5. Baked Apple Chips. Toss apple peels with cinnamon and raw honey and place on a greased cookie sheet. Set the oven to the lowest temperature and bake for about 12-18 hours. Store in a sealed container kept in a cool, dry place.
6. Make Apple cider Vinegar.
7. For Insomnia. Make an apple peel tincture for insomnia. Take apple peels of 2-3 apples and boil for 3-6 minutes. Drink it in the evening.
8. Weight Loss. An apple peel contains a waxy compound called ursolic acid, which aids in weight loss. This compound was found to help in weight loss by increasing muscle and burning fat.
9. To Purify Water. According to recent research, apple peels can remove a range of dissolved water pollutants through an adsorption process.
10. Make Apple Tea. You can make tea out of dried apple peels. It helps regulate blood sugar levels. It also works as a laxative and aids in digestion.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Living Traditionally
Share It To Your Friends!