- Give tone and vitality to the body.
- Promotes the removal of mucous secretions from the bronchial tubes.
- As a purgative.
- Swelling due to injuries.
- The decoction of the plants’ root is used as a tonic, purgative and as an expectorant.
- For amenorrhea, prepare ash of the Bone-setter plant by crushing the stem and mixing it with a pinch of salt. Then burn it over coal on a slow fire. Take a pinch or two of this ash along with one teaspoon of clarified butter or ghee. Administrator this three times a day for 3-7 days.
- For Diarrhea, add a pinch of the same ash to a little hot water and drink.
- For injuries, muscular pain and sprains, grind the whole plant into a fine paste with equal quantities of fresh turmeric rhizomes. Apply a good amount on the affected parts. Bandage and leave undistributed for a few days.
- To control obesity, take 3 to 4 pinches of the earlier mentioned ash long with buttermilk or coconut water and control the intake of fatty foods. Vigorous exercise for at least 30 to 40 minutes resulting perspiration will help shed the unwanted fat.
- For piles, stomach ailments and ulcer, take 3 to 4 pinches of the same ash with 1-2 teaspoons of clarified butter or ghee for 2-3 months.
- For stomachache, take a handful each of the whole bone setter plant and drumstick flowers along with 1 tablespoon of copra (dried coconut).grind with a little water, extract the juice and drink it.
- For swelling due to injuries, pound the plant and extract one cup of its juice. Add 1-2 teaspoons each of salt and tamarind and boil the mixture. While it is still warm, apply it onto the affected parts.
- The stem beaten into a paste is given in small quantities to control asthma.
CAUTION: The juice of the plant can irritate the skin and cause itching. The Bonesetter’s ash, if used in excess can be toxic. Self-medication or frequent use could prove harmful. Whenever possible, a good Ayurvetic doctor should be consulted.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Medicinal Plants Healing
Share It To Your Friends!