You may have heard of Golden Milk by now, a drink touted for its healing health benefits. Traditionally, this elixir is served hot in liquid form, but for a cooler treat, we’ve frozen this delicious drink into a popsicle. The recipe starts off warm to bring all of the flavors together. Next, it’s cooled down and poured into popsicle molds and frozen. In just a few hours you have a tasty frozen treat, that’s not too sweet with a hint of spice.
Coconut cream makes the ultimate rich and decadent base for these popsicles without the use of dairy. Coconut cream freezes to an ice cream like texture. Ground turmeric is a terrific natural anti-inflammatory. When paired with a little bit of black pepper, turmeric’s healing benefits get a boost so be sure to add a little fresh ground pepper to your popsicles. Fresh ginger adds a zing. I recommend peeling your fresh ginger with a potato peeler and using a zesting tool to grate the ginger into fine shavings. If you store your ginger in the freezer this will be even easier to do because the zest will shred into fine “sprinkles.”
After your popsicles have been in the freezer for two hours, slide the popsicle sticks into the center of each mold. If your popsicles are stubborn to release from the molds, run them under warm water for a minute or two to gently ease them out.
Turmeric Coconut Popsicles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 5-6 popsicles
- 1 14-ounce can of coconut cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon pure honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat. Heat until steaming. Turn stove off and allow to cool in a measuring cup with pour spout.
2. Once cooled, pour mixture into popsicle molds and place in freezer for 2 hours. Add one popsicle stick in the center of each mold. Return to freezer for 2 more hours or until frozen solid.
Stay healthy and positive! Share and make your loved ones aware!
Source: Healthy Holistic Living
Share It To Your Friends!