They are considered as fibrous skin tumors that are benign. They are irregularly shaped and increases in size progressively. Keloids do not get subsided over time like ordinary scars.
Keloids usually start sometime after the occurrence of injury and will extend beyond the injury site of the injury. They can migrate to the surrounding areas of the wound. Both men and women can develop keloids.
Cause of Keloids
The exact reason for the formation of keloids in the body is not known. Keloids occur in certain people and at certain situations. The possible cause could be the changes in the cellular signals which control the proliferation and growth of cells. Keloids are usually formed at the site of skin damage. The skin damage that can lead to keloid formation includes:
- Chicken pox
- Body piercing
- Insect bites
Symptoms of Keloids
- Raised, shiny, dome shaped scars
- The color of the scars ranges from pink to red
- Some scars are itchy, tender or even painful to touch
- Keloid scars are mainly on the chest, back, shoulders and ear lobes
Treatments for keloids such as surgery and laser treatments are costly. There are many simple home remedies which can help a lot to control keloids.
Top Home Remedies To Fight Keloids
The following are the effective home remedies that you can easily try to treat keloids problem.
Honey is one of the best and the most effective natural ingredient that you can think of for moisturizing and healing your skin. Honey is recommended as a good home remedy for people suffering from keloids and it will help in effectively removing keloids from your skin on regular application for a few weeks.
- Take fresh organic honey and apply it on the scars on your skin. Massage the area gently in order to improve the blood circulation and also to prevent the accumulation of dead skin cells.
- Repeat this process twice a day for a few weeks to get effective results.
It would be ideal for you to use Tualang honey that is made by the bees from the Tualang tree. This is a very effective honey that will decrease the number of proliferating cells in the keloid and hence will result in the reduction of the Keloid scars.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is another effective and easily available ingredient that you can use to treat Keloids for your skin. It will help in keeping the skin free from dirt and debris.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with three teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide and make it a smooth paste by adding sufficient water.
- Apply this paste directly on the problem areas on your skin with a cotton ball and leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You need to repeat this process for three to four times a day to get desired results in a couple of week’s time.
This paste will help in reducing inflammation and also will help in the healing process.
Garlic is a very good and effective home remedy that you can think of to treat keloid scars. Garlic will help in preventing the excessive fibroblast proliferation that is responsible for the growth of keloid scar.
- All you need to do is to take some pure garlic oil and apply it directly on the keloid scars on your skin.
- Leave it to react with the scar for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off properly.
- You can also replace the garlic oil with crushed cloves of garlic. It might cause a burning sensation and if you experience a burning sensation, then you can immediately wash the area with lukewarm water.
Applying garlic oil on the scars regularly will help in treating keloids effectively.
4. Rose Water And Sandalwood
Rose water is a very effective natural skin toner and will help in soothing the skin. Sandalwood is an age old remedy used for skin regeneration. Mixing these two natural ingredients will help in dealing with keloid scars.
- Take a tablespoon of sandalwood powder and add enough quantity of rose water to make a thick paste.
- Clean the scar with water, apt dry and then apply this thick paste on the scars before going to bed.
- You need to wash the area with lukewarm water the next day morning.
- You need to carry out this procedure for one or two months everyday to enjoy reduction of the keloid scar.
The aspirin tablet powder is very effective in treating keloid scars.
- Crush three to four aspirin tablets and add small amount of water to this aspirin powder to make a thick, smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the cleaned scars on your skin and allow it to dry completely.
- Once it is dry, you can rinse it off with water by rubbing it gently. You need to pat it dry and then apply some olive oil or tea oil on the scar areas.
- Repeat this remedy everyday till you find the reduction in keloid scars.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is very effective in treating keloids as it is very good for the skin. It will help in keeping the skin moisturized at all times and will also prevent skin infection.
- Cut open the Aloe Vera leaves and extract the gel from the leaves.
- Apply this gel on the cleaned keloid scars on your skin generously and allow it to react with the scar for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice daily until you see a reduction in the keloid scars as well as reduction in the pain and inflammation.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another great home remedy that you can think of for keloids is apple cider vinegar.
- Take apple cider vinegar and apply it directly to the keloid affected areas on your skin.
- Gently massage the area so that the vinegar gets absorbed into the skin.
- Allow the vinegar to dry for about 10 minutes and then redo the same process in order to speed up the healing process.
If you sense any skin irritation when using apple cider vinegar, you can dilute it a little with water.
Repeat this process several times a day to enjoy maximum results.
8. Fuller’s Earth
Another home remedy that you can use to fight skin scars including keloids is Fuller’s Earth. Using this remedy on a regular basis will help in easily removing the ugly scars on your skin.
- In a small bowl, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice, one teaspoon of rose water and one tablespoon of fuller’s earth.
- Mix properly to make a smooth paste and apply it on the affected areas of the skin.
- Massage this mixture gently over the affected areas so that it softens the scars.
- Allow this to dry and then again apply a coat of this mixture over the affected area
- Leave this for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process several times to see an effective reduction in the scars
9. Fresh Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C and is also a powerful antioxidant. It is used in treating a lot of skin scars including keloids.
- Take a fresh lemon piece and cut it into two halves.
- You need to extract the juice out of these two pieces of lemon and apply the juice to the affected areas of the skin.
- Leave it to react with the skin for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process two times a day or at least once a day.
You will see visible changes in the texture, color and flexibility of the skin within few weeks.
10. Lavender Oil
One of the most common oils used on the skin is the lavender oil as it has skin rejuvenation properties. It is an effective home remedy that you can use to reduce scarring on the skin. It will help in preventing the scars caused by keloids from becoming permanent.
- Take a generous amount of lavender oil and apply it on the scars on your skin.
- Massage it gently over the affected area so that it gets into the skin
- Repeat this process several times a day to see great results in a few weeks time.
- You can also use a combination of lavender oil and tea tree oil on your skin to see even better results.
Are you worried seeing the scars caused by keloids on your skin? Do you want to get rid of these scars naturally without spending a lot of money? Well, then you can try out some of the above mentioned home remedies to effectively remove the keloid scars on your skin.
Source: My Health Tips
Share It To Your Friends!