Most parts of this plant are apparently utilized as food supplements, cosmetics, perfumes, and skin oils.
Aside from its nutritional value, it also has medicinal effects that are found to be effective. Here are its health benefits:
1. Malunggay leaves are abundant in vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and much more ingredients. It is apparently 9 times more protein than in yogurt, 10 times more vitamin A than in carrots, 15 times more potassium than in bananas, 17 times more calcium than in milk, 12 times more vitamin C than in oranges, and 25 times more iron than in spinach.
2. It has niaziminin that provides its anti-tumor and anti-cancer characteristics.
3. It is rich in fiber cleanse your intestines from excess waste left over from a greasy diet.
4. Its seeds were found to effectively purify water, much better than commercial method of purification.
5. It regulates the thyroid function, moreover when its hyper-active.
6. It contains powerful antibiotic that could fight bacterium known to cause gastritis, ulcers and gastric cancer.
7. Its leaves have chlorogenic acid that could slow down the absorption process of sugar in the cells.
Source: Read and Digest
Image: Market Manila
Share It To Your Friends!