Aside from ageing, here are the common causes of the pain in your back:
- Muscle or ligament strain
- Bulging or ruptured disks
Stretching may loosen up the tense muscles and strengthen the ones that need some stretch. Regular and gentle stretching helps relieve back pain fast and efficiently.
- Aerobics, Massage, and Meditation
These help alleviate stress, anxiety, and depression, which adds up to chronic back pain.These body interventions also assist the production of endorphins which act as body-manufactured pain medication.
- Cold and Heat Application
Cold is applied first before heat as ice blocks pain signals while reducing swelling.
1. An ice pack wrapped in a towel can be applied on the painful area for up to 20 minutes for several times a day.
2. Following 24 hours, heat application is done to stimulate blood flow and reduce spasms. To apply, a towel is dipped in very warm water, wringed out, flatted, and folded.
3. Then, the person lies on his stomach with pillows under his hips and ankles.
4. Next, the towel is placed across the painful area, covered with a plastic wrap, and is left on for up to 20 minutes.
5. The procedure can be repeated for three to four times a day for several days.
Source/Image: Wellness Bin
Share It To Your Friends!